So I visited my Endocrinologist last week. We had a long discussion about weight loss and the struggle I have without a thyroid. We went step by step, my chosen exercises at the gym, my food choices. He changed up my medicine and added some T3 and slightly lowered my T4. After a week of eating how he wanted me to, and going to the gym and doing a minimun of 60 minutes of cardio, I must say I feel good and have lost 5 lbs. Who would have thought! But it takes a strong will to make the right choices as well.
Last night, we went to Carrabba's for dinner. I love that place but having Italian pasta is probably not on my eating plan. So even thought it was hard, I chose to pick the grilled chicken and a side of Broccoli. Yep, in a pasta restaurant I had broccoli and chicken.
Seeing my five pound loss in one week, gave me the boost I needed. It told me that all those hard choices were worth it. Today, some grilled Kabobs for lunch then it's off to the grocery store for some more healthy food. Till then!
No comments:
Post a Comment